Monday, February 8, 2010

Grandma's Rolling Pin 39/365

I love this rolling pin, it is loaded with memories. When my grandmother died it was the only thing I wanted of hers..I spent endless hours as a child in the kitchen with my grandma.She was quite a lady, she canned pickles, made an assortment of jams but my favorite thing was helping her make pies. She made apple pies, rhubarb pies, pumpkin pies and cherry pies and they were delicious. My memories however revolve around her giving me pie crust to roll out and she would have me add cinnamon and sugar, bake it and a few minutes later. YUMMY...It's funny I had not really brought that visual to mind in years, but I can almost smell her pies baking now..

Too bad, I can't bake anything to save my life..I guess I missed out on the baking gene and only got the eating gene..Oh well, I do eat better than your average Bear. I can guarantee if I eat at your house my plate will be licked clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Kris. I am a wife, a mom to six, a photographer, a reader, a Christian, a Diet Coke drinker, a closet ice cream eater, a walker and a memory keeper.. Thanks for coming by to say hi, I can't wait to get to know you :)

Followers

Blog Archive