Happy Birthday Jefferson. Today my sweet, handsome, funny, smart, goofy son is 18. Sounds stupid, but it is making cry like a baby to even write this today.
18 years and two months ago my hubby and I got the call that a baby was coming in March did we want to adopt it. We said we really wanted a boy, but the sex was unknown. We called back and said yes, either way our family would be complete(hahahahaha). One week later we found out we were going to have a boy. Yippee.
March 27th, I told my hubby I had a feeling the baby would come early so I drove down to Clearwater with my little girl, Katy and waited. Now, mind you we still had one more home study to be completed that day, so Mike stayed behind for that. The next day the beeper went off and I found out our son was on his way. I went to the hospital and waited, nervous and unsure of being in the room as this other person was giving birth to my son. She encouraged me to stay and watch. I did.. In the middle of the Monster truck ralley on tv, my son was born. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is the only birth I have ever witnessed and it still makes me cry.My hubby arrived about a 1/2 hour later, he missed it. I knew the little feeling to get there early was correct.
The next day at 10:00 am with clamp still attached they said here he is, take him home. WHAT? We didn't even have an outfit or the carseat. Mike drove to Walmart(the only store open on a Sunday morning) and bought a 3-6 month outfit(which was HUGE) and we turned Katy's carseat around and took our baby home.
Thanks for understanding my rambling. I love this guy so much, he is a complete joy and blessing and one of the smartest guys I know. Happy birthday Jay.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Jay's 18 today. 78/365
BLOGS I LOVE.
- The Strange Habits of A Naked Donut Eating Two Yea...
- Jay's 18 today. 78/365
- Fresh Air... 77/365
- "I See You, So Stop Taking My Picture Lady".
- A Day to Rest and Recover 76/365
- "All In All, It's Just Another Brick In The Wall" ...
- Happy Birthday Em...74/365
- We Must Cross The Bridge To Get Home 73/365
- Two days ago... 72/365
- Lovin the Snow...The First Day of Spring 71/365
- The First Day of Spring 2010, originally uploaded ...
- End of the Twirl 70/365
- A New Day 69/365
- Spring Is In The Air...68/365
- Just Us 67/365
- Thanks for the Memories and Lies 66/365
- My Fun Sunday...FIRE!!! 65/365
- The Sunny Side of Life 64/365
- Daffodils and Daisies 63/365
- Miss Sleepy Sarah
- Baby S b/w, originally uploaded by krispycrunch6.
- Baby S close up, originally uploaded by krispycrun...
- IMG_7546a, originally uploaded by krispycrunch6.
- Baby S, originally uploaded by krispycrunch6.
- Hot Pink Mini Mamma 62/365
- Somedays, I Wish I Could See What Lies Ahead. 61/3...
- Family Room Fort 60/365
- A Look Back~Bench Monday 59/365
- ▼ March (30)