Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jay's 18 today. 78/365


Jay's 18 today. 78/365, originally uploaded by krispycrunch6.



Happy Birthday Jefferson. Today my sweet, handsome, funny, smart, goofy son is 18. Sounds stupid, but it is making cry like a baby to even write this today.
18 years and two months ago my hubby and I got the call that a baby was coming in March did we want to adopt it. We said we really wanted a boy, but the sex was unknown. We called back and said yes, either way our family would be complete(hahahahaha). One week later we found out we were going to have a boy. Yippee.
March 27th, I told my hubby I had a feeling the baby would come early so I drove down to Clearwater with my little girl, Katy and waited. Now, mind you we still had one more home study to be completed that day, so Mike stayed behind for that. The next day the beeper went off and I found out our son was on his way. I went to the hospital and waited, nervous and unsure of being in the room as this other person was giving birth to my son. She encouraged me to stay and watch. I did.. In the middle of the Monster truck ralley on tv, my son was born. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is the only birth I have ever witnessed and it still makes me cry.My hubby arrived about a 1/2 hour later, he missed it. I knew the little feeling to get there early was correct.

The next day at 10:00 am with clamp still attached they said here he is, take him home. WHAT? We didn't even have an outfit or the carseat. Mike drove to Walmart(the only store open on a Sunday morning) and bought a 3-6 month outfit(which was HUGE) and we turned Katy's carseat around and took our baby home.
Thanks for understanding my rambling. I love this guy so much, he is a complete joy and blessing and one of the smartest guys I know. Happy birthday Jay.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman with an amazing heart! This story is so heart warming. We could use a lot more people like you in this world!! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Kris. I am a wife, a mom to six, a photographer, a reader, a Christian, a Diet Coke drinker, a closet ice cream eater, a walker and a memory keeper.. Thanks for coming by to say hi, I can't wait to get to know you :)

Followers

Blog Archive